LOVE, POWER AND SELF-DISCIPLINE
By James Adam Vecino
People were naturally born with strength and weaknesses. They used to face and overcome weaknesses to have additional strengths.
People were born weak where:
1. Pride to win every situation with bad thoughts;
2. Arrogance like they knew and learned everything;
3. Insecurities to put down the persons they do not like;
4. Immaturity leads to forced and wrong acceptance;
5. Lusts like they cannot live without diamond and gold in their body;
6. Anger for not forgiving the mistakes of the past.
7. Judgement as they put wrong labels to a person.
8. Revenge that will satisfy their pride, arrogance, insecurities, lusts, judgement, and anger.
Some people might say, “He/She will not change” or “There is no hope for this person”. Some of them are born this way. But are those labels will permanently mark them until the last second of their lives?
How should people deal with such negativities accordingly? What are the ways to succeed over their shameful failures? We, HUMANS, should Love, make good use of Power, and do Self-Discipline.
Love. We should learn to care for others as ourselves where empathy occurs. This is to know what others feel and to do the necessary things to be done.
Power. If we fell down many times, do not let our fears and doubts eat us. No matter we committed several mistakes, it is not too late to make it right. We should be resilient enough. Never give up.
Self-Discipline. All of us are dominant over ourselves. We have our free will. We can provide the accurate love to release our positive power with self control. Discipline will be our weighing scale to make things RIGHT and to do RIGHT things.
According to the book of Timothy, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” Sound mind refers to self-control or self-discipline.